Dr. Semih Süreyya YAZICI
Dentist Semih Süreyya YAZICI was born in 1969 in Çankırı. He graduated from Faculty of Dentistry at Gazi University in 1991 with a degree. The same year, he started his PhD in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases and Surgery. He completed his PhD with a thesis which was rewarded by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) in 1997 and received the title of “Doctor of Science”.
In his private clinic, which he founded in 1999, he continues to practice his specialty in surgery and implantology, and applies innovations in aesthetic and cosmetic dentistry with up-to-date techniques.
He has been awarded several prizes for his interest in new developments and innovations in the field of “Dentistry”, his participation to written and visual media with a view to raise public awareness, his cooperation and his proximity to civil society organizations within the frame of social responsibility.
Here are some of his awards:
- “Distinguished Service as the Most Successful Business Development and Sectoral Awareness Raising Activity Award” awarded by Ekonometri Magazine in 2007,
- “Innovation Award” awarded by “Economized Business World” in 2009,
- “Doctor of the Year” awarded by “The Heart of Turkey Coordinatory Platform for the Youth of Ankara” in 2011,
- “Outstanding Service and Achievement Award” awarded by “Ankara Civil Society Organizations Platform” in 2013,
- Dr. Semih Süreyya Yazıcı as TÜSİAV’s Nature and Environment Platform Chairman is awarded with “Veli Sarıtoprak Special Award” by (ASTOP) Ankara Civil Society Organizations Platform on December 5, 2015 World Volunteers Day,
- “Education Supporters Award” awarded by TÜSİAV (Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Foundation) Education Platform on December 18, 2018
Within the framework of a similar perspective, sense of duty and belief in development and inovation, Dr. Semih Süreyya Yazıcı also has memberships in many institutions/organizations.
- Membership of Turkish Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Association (TAOMS),
- Membership of Aesthetic Dentistry Academy Association (EDAD),
- Membership of Turkish Laser Association in Dentistry,
- Membership of Global Dental Association,
- Membership of Ankara Young Businessmen Association (ANGIAD),
- Membership of Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association Foundation (TÜSİAV)
In the national and local press, there are columns, interviews and impression articles in which he tells about the countries, cities and life styles. He is hosted on television and radio programs with his professional briefings as well as his travel culture narratives.
His photography adventure has started during his PhD years and continued during his travels to 54 countries and more than 200 cities in domestic and international congresses, scientific meetings, symposiums or for touristic purposes and he has a nature photography collection of which consists of more than 50.000 nature and human themed photographs that he is passionate about. He has two printed photography and travelling books, the first being titled “Photographs from the World”, the income of which he donated to Turkish Foundation for the Disabled (TÜREV), followed by “Phototherapy”, the income of which he donated to Association for Children with Cerebral Palsy (SERÇEV).
With his third book called “Recipe Napkin”, which takes the reader on a tour in the valley of taste, he made contributions to UNICEF to be used for children in need of support.
He is married and he is Duru’s father.